This week we have been:
- Practising counting up in 2,3,4,5 and 10.
- Exploring capacity making magic dragon potions.
- Working out the fractions by making pretend cakes out of play dough.
- Using a thesaurus to find different words for our imperative (bossy) verbs.
- Wrote a set of instructions for our dragon potion.
- Practising for our Easter Assembly.
- Enjoying our Easter egg hunt and other activities.
- Practise our cricket skills
- Staying in character for our role play area
- Listening and appreciating different types of music.
- Practise our conversation in welsh.
This week’s Literacy and Numeracy (LNF) Skills:
- Write for different purposes and readers, choosing words for variety and interest.
- Use a basic structure for writing.
- Make links between what they read and what they already know and believe about the topic.
- Review and improve sections of their work.
- Present processes, event or reports in a clear sequence
- Deduce ideas and information by linking explicit statements, e.g. cause and effect.
- Use language appropriate to writing, including standard forms of English.
- Explain information and ideas using relevant vocabulary
- Find fractional quantities linked to known multiplication facts e.g. 1/3 of 18, 1/5 of 15
- Recall 2, 3, 4, 5, & 10 multiplication tables and use to solve multiplication and division problems
- Use standard units to measure capacity (as litres, ½ litres and to the nearest 100ml)
- Transfer mathematical skills to a variety of contexts and everyday situations