We have been learning to……
Use the features of an information text to write a first draft.
Edit a first draft of an information text.
Use the features of an information text to write a final draft.
Partition numbers up to 10,000,000.
Understand the value of each digit in numbers up to 10,000,000.
This week we have been:
- Thinking of adjectives to describe fire and London city in 1666.
- Reading extracts from Samuel Pepys diary.
- Creating Rangoli patterns.
- Learning the story of Rama and Sita.
- Writing about the festival of Diwali.
- Working out doubles and adding near doubles.
*Tuesday 24th of October we will be celebrating Halloween in school. We are inviting children to come to school dressed in a Halloween costume.
- Comparing weight of objects – using a bucket balance
- Use the correct vocabulary for weight and measuring correctly
- Retell the story of The Enormous Turnip
- Make Harvest soup
- Follow instructions
- Colour mix Autumn colours
The children can come to school in a Halloween costume on Tuesday if they wish.
Family Learning 1-3pm Tuesday
Halloween disco 5-6.30pm
This week we have been learning:
- To compare objects by size, sorting things into ‘too heavy to pick up’ and ‘light enough to pick up’
- The letter sound ‘d’: We have enjoyed playing with the ducks in the water tray, playing with the dinosaurs, rolling the dice and playing doctors in our role play area.
- All about harvest- we made some delicious vegetable soup and had fun printing with different vegetables
- To sequence pictures from ‘Little Daisy’ to help us retell the story
Next week we will be learning the letter sound ‘e’. Ben & Betty would love to see what objects you can find starting with our special sound. Please could you find something starting with the letter sound ‘e’ and bring it in for your friends to see.
On Tuesday we will be having a Halloween dress up day- children can come to school dressed up in a costume if they would like!
We have been learning to……
Multiply and divide numbers and decimals by 10 and 100.
Recognise and understand the features of an information text.
Gather ideas to plan writing.
Use a skeleton to plan an information text.
This week we have been learning….
- To retell the story of ‘Little Daisy’ using Pie Corbett actions
- To compare objects by size, categorising objects into ‘large’ and ‘small’
- The letter sound ‘c’: We have enjoyed carrot printing, playing with the cars and food tasting. We tasted cucumber, cauliflower, cabbage, crisps and cake.
- All about Autumn- we enjoyed looking for signs of Autumn in the park!
Next week we will be learning the letter sound ‘d’. Ben & Betty would love to see what objects you can find starting with our special sound. Please could you find something starting with the letter sound ‘d’ and bring it in for your friends to see.
Reminder- £1 milk and fruit money is due every Monday for every child please.
Homework- Please complete the family tree to help us with our topic work at school.
- Comparing lengths of objects – using sticks, spaghetti, giant footprints and our footprints
- Use the correct vocabulary for length and measuring correctly
- Predict the storyline of a film using the soundtrack, a story capsule and still images
- Name parts of the body
- Look for signs of Autumn, explore the autumn tuff spot and make autumn crowns
- Move in different ways – twirling helicopters, scuttling hedgehogs, floating leaves etc
Please complete the family tree to help us with our topic work at school.
Family Learning 1-3 pm Tuesday