We have been learning to……
Read ‘half past’, ‘quarter past’ and ‘quarter to’ on an analogue clock.
Read hours and minutes on a 12-hour and 24-hour digital clock.
Tell the time to the nearest 5 minutes on an analogue clock.
Tell the time to the nearest minute on analogue clocks.
Select, organise and use historical information.
Use visualisation to generate ideas for writing.
Analyse and infer.
Read and respond to a text orally.
Write a description of a story setting.
Week beginning 15th January 2018
Happy New Year!
This week, the children have been learning to:
- Create an organised list in order to find all possibilities to a problem
- Revise times table facts
- Use an image to tell a story
- Understand a character by reading a text carefully
- Use prepositions, similes, colour and senses to improve sentences
- Describe a setting
- Investigate materials; predicting and explaining findings
- Learn new Welsh vocabulary
- Read a Welsh book
- Learn about the history of medicine
- Tuesday: Guitars
- Thursday- PE (Children are not to wear their school uniform)
- Friday- Science trip to Techniquest
Please make sure consent forms and payments are sent to school ASAP.
Parents Evening (Year 5 only) will take place Week beginning 29th January. Your child will receive their appointment time next week. If the time is not suitable, you are welcome to contact school and re-arrange.
Have a lovely weekend!
Miss Steel and Mr Jones
• Count to 100 together
• Say / Sing the days of the week
• Count within 10 / 20 and record the count
• Improve our number and letter formation
• Talk about different pictures and say what we can see
• Guess what happens before or after an image
• Complete a picture
• Use special friend sounds when writing
This term’s P.E is gymnastics and the children will need to have shorts or leggings to change into. This ensures safety when we are using apparatus. Our P.E day is Thursday.